Regional Sales Manager Pacific Northwest
Location: Various (US)
Sell hay, bagged products and straw to retailers, race tracks, stables and horse farms.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
Key Performance Areas (Essential Functions of the Position)
- Answer customers' questions about products, prices, availability, product uses, and credit terms.
- Arrange and direct delivery and installation of products.
- Consult with clients after sales or contract signings in order to resolve problems and to provide ongoing support.
- Contact regular and prospective customers to explain products and solicit orders.
- Estimate or quote prices, credit or contract terms, warranties, and delivery dates.
- Forward orders to D.Cs and corporate headquarters in Idaho.
- Identify prospective customers by using business directories, following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and conferences.
- Monitor market conditions, product innovations, and competitors' products, prices, and sales.
- Negotiate details of contracts and payments and prepare sales contracts and order forms.
- Negotiate with retail merchants to improve product exposure such as shelf positioning and advertising.
- Obtain credit information about prospective customers.
- Perform administrative duties, such as preparing sales budgets and reports, keeping sales records, and filing expense account reports.
- Make recommendations to retailers regarding product displays, promotional programs, and advertising.
- Provide customers with product samples and brochures.
- Recommend products to customers, based on customers' needs and interests.
- Train customers' employees on products and product features.
- Other tasks as assigned
- College Degree (Business, Marketing of like); and one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Thorough knowledge of excel.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Work out of Home
50-75% Travel required
This employer participates in E-Verify. Standlee Premium Western Forage will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. If the government cannot confirm that you are work authorized, Standlee Premium Western Forage is required to provide you written instructions and an opportunity to contact SSA and/or DHS before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment.