Location: Hazelton, ID
Category: Manufacturing Plant
Perform all tasks involved in the production of Standlee Premium Western Forage products. This includes sweeping, packaging, stacking, and all other process support. Follow standard work methods and practice safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible. This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform, employee are required to follow any other job related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
Key Performance Areas (Essential Functions of the Position)
- Performs work as assigned by department supervisor
- Assembles the materials to produce finished product from raw materials.
- Attach appropriate labels and tags to products and packages
- Notify supervisor of any mechanical or material issues.
- Placed finished goods on the designated pallet.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- All production workers are expected to be available to work in all areas of production.
Key Success Factors for Position
- Takes immediate reaction from directives given by supervisor.
- Asks questions and challenges old ideas.
- Works well within a team.
- Communicates effectively and assertively (both direct and respectful).
- Communicates clearly (both written and verbal), to all levels of the organization.
- Motivates others on the team.
- Required to perform basic math
- High school diploma/or GED
- Manufacturing labor production experience preferred.
General Manufacturing Environment
Work is regularly performed inside the plant and occasionally in the surrounding grounds and facilities. Because of this, employees are frequently exposed to adverse weather conditions including extreme heat, cold, wind, rain and snow. Lighting varies based on the season, weather and conditions in the plant. Employees regularly work near moving mechanical parts, material handling equipment and are exposed to ergonomic hazards, noise and dust.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Work is fast paced and employees are expected to perform a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor, therefore they must have excellent stamina, be in good physical condition and capable of handling objects up to 75 lbs in weight. Individuals must also have good eyesight, hearing and better than average coordination in order to keep up with production equipment. In addition to these requirements employees are regularly required to sit or stand for extended periods of time, reach, bend, climb, and walk about the facility and production areas.
Each employee of Standlee Premium Western Forage has a responsibility to know, to understand and to abide by Workplace Professional Standards of Conduct. Professional Conduct includes Customer Service, Courtesy, Ethics, Safety, Teamwork, Responsibility, Accountability, confidentiality, and Professionalism.
No travel required.
This employer participates in E-Verify. Standlee Premium Western Forage will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. If the government cannot confirm that you are work authorized, Standlee Premium Western Forage is required to provide you written instructions and an opportunity to contact SSA and/or DHS before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment.