Maintenance Helper – Parts Runner
Location: Eden, ID
Under general supervision, perform a variety of duties related to the ordering, pick-up, inspection, processing, delivering, and/or storing of parts and equipment in the maintenance warehouse; drive a District vehicle in the pick-up and delivery of parts and equipment, perform maintenance warehouse inventory. This position profile identifies the Key Responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
Key Performance Areas(Essential Functions of the Position)
- Pick up and receive a variety of parts and equipment
- Drive a company vehicle to deliver and pick up parts and equipment at sites; load and unload vehicle
- Receive, process and store maintenance warehouse parts and equipment
- Maintain maintenance warehouse inventory
- Receive and process delivery receipts.
- Operate a variety of warehouse equipment, including pallet jack, hand truck and forklift.
- Maintain a computerized inventory and tracking system for warehouse stock
- May provide services as a courier to transport district documents and materials
Key Success Factors for Position
- Takes immediate reaction from directives given by supervisor.
- Asks questions and challenges old ideas.
- Leads others effectively.
- Gains commitment from team.
- Communicates effectively and assertively (both direct and respectful).
- Communicates clearly (both written and verbal), to all levels of the organization.
- Motivates others on the team.
- Make mathematical calculations with speed and accuracy
- Clerical experience
- Warehouse receiving experience a plus
- Driver's License and ability to be insured.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position will include indoor, outdoor, and garage/shop work environments.
The physical demand described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, the employee must be able to:
Lift, carry, push and/or pull items up to a maximum of 60 pounds with a strength factor of heavy work.
Hear and speak to exchange information in person and on the telephone.
See and read a variety of materials.
Use close vision, color vision, and adjust focus visually.
Possess dexterity of hands and fingers to operate equipment.
Stand and walk.
Bend at the waist, kneel, or crouch.
Sit or stand for extended periods of time. Climb a step stool or ladder and reach above shoulders.
Frequent travel to local Standlee locations (by vehicle), Frequent Travel to office site businesses to retrieve parts.
This employer participates in E-Verify. Standlee Premium Western Forage will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. If the government cannot confirm that you are work authorized, Standlee Premium Western Forage is required to provide you written instructions and an opportunity to contact SSA and/or DHS before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment.