CDL Driver – Container
Great quality drivers that are self-motivators to drive double and triple units to and from hay stacks to deliver quality product for SPWF process plant. Maintain accurate and timely DOT records and comply with all DOT regulations. Use precaution and safety while handling all Standlee Hay Trucking equipment. Maintain a professional standard while working for Standlee Hay Trucking Company Inc. This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be required by his/her supervisor.
Key Performance Areas (Essential Functions of the Position)
- Drive truck with a capacity of more than 30 tons to transport and deliver cargo, material or equipment.
- Maintain contact with Transportation Manager to receive instructions or be dispatched to new location.
- Maintain log book or DVIR's according to state and federal regulations.
- Obtain correct information on what he/she is hauling. From and to.
- Willing to tarp product to protect it from weather if necessary.
- Maintain clean vehicles and equipment.
- Obtain GOOD communication with customers.
- Take appropriate measures to ensure maximum fuel efficiency.
Key Success Factors for Position
- Needs to have great people skills. Work as a team.
- Always suggest ideas to make your job easier and safe.
- You will be reasonable for taking a large dollar amount of hay to the Salt Lake City Rail Yard.
- Bonded, driver will have to have a clean record and be finger printed in the UPRR.
- Driver must have a class A CDL and 1-year experience
- Winter driving conditions.
- Heavy traffic in SLC.
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Travel daily to SLC and back 6 days a week.