Administrative Assistant/ Billing Specialist
To provide general administrative support as needed and outlined below. Provide thorough, personable, customer service for incoming calls/walk-ins customers in a timely manner. Effectively manage own time in order to facilitate internal and external communications with customers and vendors as required and complete special projects for office staff as needed. Schedule and track routine maintenance on all office equipment to minimize down-time during the year. Provide invoice review, accurate invoicing and collections for the Upson Company.
Reports to Controller.
General Administrative Support Duties:
• Telephone Duties
• Answer incoming calls, provide general company information, route callers to the appropriate staff member, and/or screen calls as appropriate
• Make calls for office staff as needed
• Miscellaneous correspondence:
• Process in-coming and out-going mail
• Stuff and seal envelopes, and stamp outgoing mail for all staff as needed
• Prepare professional correspondence for managers as required.
• Maintain office supplies and machines:
• Order, distribute and store office supplies on approved purchases; organize and maintain storage room and paper supplies
• Correspond with cleaning personnel to maintain supplies of cleaning/paper products
• Perform any necessary maintenance/reporting on printers and equipment and ensure that printing/copying supplies are on hand
• Handle walk-in customers
• Direct job seekers to www.upsoncompany.com to apply for an open position
• Digital job archiving
• Coordinate travel arrangements for company personnel as needed
• Make copies of various materials for staff members as needed
• Miscellaneous filing, printing, and data entry as required
• Manage conference room
• Manage Sales Calendar, Sales Meeting, update sales database and update reports
• Prepare bid documents, envelopes, bid invites, and download bid packages
• Create/prepare Events for employee and awards as directed by Controller/Owners
• Create job & Foreman notebooks and scan information into job folders.
• Assist the Owners with filing and other administrative tasks as requested.
Billing Specialist Duties:
• Check mail
• Provide billing for Commercial Division.
• Email customers and answer customer questions regarding their invoices.
• Perform collections for all invoices sent out. Collections on past due invoices - any invoice 30 days or older. Document notes to outline customer questions, conversations in regard to collections and resolution for invoice payment.
• Effectively manage own time in order to facilitate internal and external communications with customers and co-workers.
• Maintain Customer and Company information confidentiality
• Update Customer and Customer billing application with invoices, Supplier & Customer Lien releases to meet draw deadlines and prompt payments
• Make sure job binders and electronic file folders are updated with the Pay Apps, Invoices, Lien Waivers, Change Orders, close outs, and any other pertinent information
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Ability to be professional, friendly, courteous, tactful and maintain composure in dealing with customers and co-workers. Bookkeeping skills are required. FCS and Construction Partner knowledge a plus. Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills. Strong spelling and grammatical skills are necessary. Must be fluent in English-fluency in Spanish is a plus. Ability to listen, follow instructions and learn new tasks.
Requires self-motivation and ability to prioritize. Must be task-oriented and dependable. Needs strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task. Requires attention to detail and problem solving skills. Team oriented with ability to excel in a team environment.
Must have demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft office products including; Word, Excel, and Outlook. Some familiarity with Microsoft Access & PowerPoint is preferred. Must have strong keyboarding, and ten key skills. Must have Adobe Acrobat proficiency.
Mental alertness is required to ensure accurate completion of work activities. Requires knowledge of basic math and bookkeeping. Ability to follow company policies and procedures and applicable State and Federal laws.
Ability to sit, stand, walk, climb stairs, bend, stoop, twist and turn frequently. Good manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination required. Ability to reach, lift and maneuver boxes of supplies up to 50 lbs.
Responsible for performing all job duties and responsibilities with honesty and integrity.
The above reflects the general nature of the work. Perform other necessary and required duties as assigned